Long Beach Dive Recon Pro
Long Beach Dive Recon Pro Underwater GPS
There are a number of commercially available Underwater GPS systems. Long Beach Dive offers two models of Underwater GPS systems that allow a diver to utilize Global Positioning System (GPS) data while underwater.
Max Depth: 70 feet (21 meters)
Long Beach Dive's RECON Pro product is a complete GPS receiver system designed specifically for underwater divers.
The RECON Pro has been engineered for use in tough professional and military underwater applications including: Search and Recovery, Navigation, Mapping, and Reconnaissance.
The RECON Pro consists of a small inflatable surface antenna float, umbilical cable, and underwater GPS receiver.
RECON Pro Components
• Garmin GPSMAP ® 172C or 178C Chartplotter / Sounder Global Positioning System receiver with virtually instantaneous screen refresh
• Dual-frequency SONAR Transducer (400Watts (RMS) 3200Watts (PTP) output)
• Durable Acrylic Casing
• Large 3.2” (81mm) x 3.2” (81mm) High Resolution 256-COLOR CSTN-LCD Display (320x320 pixels)
• Rechargeable 12-volt battery and charger
• WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) Compatible for < 3 meter position accuracy. (EGNOS in Europe and MSAS in Japan)
• Ergonomic "Stylus" based GPS receiver keypad, with backlighting
• Low profile inflatable surface float
• Chart plotter with data card reader for uploading maps of the dive area
• PC connections (Serial) for use with pre-dive planning and post-dive analysis software
• Water-tight protective Pelican ® hard carry case
The RECON-Pro comes fully equipped to be utilized right out of the box.
Detailed charts of the waterways where the RECON-Pro will be utilized are available at extra cost. Gamin's MapSource BlueCharts are available for a wide range of worldwide locations. Simply insert the data card into RECON-Pros' port